The annual membership fee is 71 Euro for regular members and 45 euro for student members. Under certain conditions, group membership is possible, too. Contact the Secretary-Treasurer (Dmitry Idiatov,honohiiri_at_yandex.ru).
The rights of membership include
- Receiving the journal LINGUISTIC TYPOLOGY at the membership rate
- Presenting papers at ALT meetings
- Participation in the LINGTYP electronic discussion list
- Holding offices in ALT and voting in its elections and award competitions
- A number of discounts from prominent publishing houses such as
- De Gruyter Mouton: ALT members are entitled to 30% discount on all linguistic titles.
- Oxford University press. Click here to get to the ALT members discounts page.
- 50 % discount on the World Atlas of Language Structures
- 20 % discount on other linguistic titles
- De Gruyter Mouton supports the International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications, a portal that provides nationwide access to electronic publications for developing countries. Linguistic Typology is part of the package of linguistics journals that is offered through this portal.
To join ALT please use the form below. You will receive a confirmation by email.